Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bumber-blog 2007: Fergie mini-review / first-half


Fergie, taking her very sweet time, finally appeared onstage to the roar - or screeches - of teenage girls and expected herds of gay boys at around 10ish.

The half-time Pea went for a glittery opening, tiara on her permed head and sparkles on her face, not to mention a skimpy mini-skirt and bra-top. She performed "London Bridge" in the first half of her set, complete with dancing lookalike English guardsmen.

I admit to mildly liking one Fergie tune, the it-grows-on-you "Glamorous", although the semi-packed house would have to wait until the second half, much later than I agreed to stay.

She did add a Black Eyed Peas medley, including "Where is the Love" and "Don't Phunk With My Heart".

I was most surprised at how dirty her stage performance was - no wonder they made an announcement for small kids to be removed from the front of the stage. This chick is one naughty mama.

Fergie did say that she enjoyed saying the word "Bumbershoot". I bet.

Well, time for me to fly. From the Alki Room at Bumbershoot 2007 - adios!

No comments: