Thursday, June 19, 2008


What a day! It’s 1:30 a.m. and I just got back from a fabulously unreal time at the Wellfleet Drive-In Theater, where a special film program was shown as part of the Provincetown International Film Festival. It was a double bill of The Tingler, a so-bad-it’s-good scare-fest directed by William Castle (from 1959) and Roman Polanski’s Rosemary’s Baby, the masterpiece of horror (produced by Castle). I’ve only been to three drive-in theaters in my life – but there’s nothing like it. This theater just celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2007.

Earlier today, I saw Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, a superbly constructed documentary that exposes the corrupt forces behind Polanski’s trial for having sex with a minor, but does not sufficiently address his culpability for seducing a 13-year old girl.

The sun is still out in full force – and I was able to catch some rays after grabbing a great breakfast at The Patio – a local eatery where you can watch the passing parade on Commercial Street. I will be back tomorrow, continuing my coverage from the tip of Cape Cod for the Seattle Gay News….

No comments: